Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myAIHAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
myAIHAteam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA
November 20, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members emphasized that trust, communication, and feeling heard are the most important qualities when choosing a doctor, though many... Read more

Members emphasized that trust, communication, and feeling heard are the most important qualities when choosing a doctor, though many acknowledged that insurance limitations often dictate where they can receive care. Several members shared positive experiences with specialists who listened deeply, explained things clearly, followed up quickly in urgent situations, and collaborated with other doctors on their care teams. A recurring theme was the need for doctors to acknowledge the limits of their knowledge about rare diseases, stay curious and willing to learn, and treat patients as partners in their own health decisions rather than dismissing their questions or research.

A myAIHAteam Member

I live in Massachusetts also.

January 29
A myAIHAteam Member

I am lucky. I live in Massachusetts where we have the best doctors for cancer/hematology.

January 29
A myAIHAteam Member

did u guys read what i posted around 2 weeks ago, about my iron and prednisone and magnesium bis test and the results i got?. i think it can work without pred too , mixed with other meds for aiha. personally i got great results from that. i even added some graphics . i hope it will help someone.the info is somewhere on this page , u can find it easily and is interesting.

November 23, 2025 (edited)
A myAIHAteam Member

I have a good team with my Doctor and the local hospitals. When I first went to the Doctor, she sent me for a blood test and phoned me almost the same day as the test. She was working out of hours and I had the phone call at 10.30 p.m. to pack a bag and go to the local hospital for further tests. I had a scan and they found clots on my lungs - medication given to me the next morning in the early hours. Also, I was sent to the main hospital for my area to see a Consultant. I now have a 24 hour helpline and regular blood tests. They explained everything clearly

November 20, 2025
A myAIHAteam Member

add 2 pills of magnesium bisglicynate and one iron pill, one folic acid pill and like, take your normal pred, these other things works as a booster along pred. u can see results in one month, your hg should raise 0.5 hg if u also take a pred pill or 2 , and like , in 2 months u should see a increase of 1 hg from this mix. but u need to take these with your pred (prednisone or what meds are u taking for aiha). it should work, even if just a little bit

April 8

Related Questions

View All
A myAIHAteam Member asked a question 💭
Kuching, Malaysia

A myAIHAteam Member asked a question 💭
Spain

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In